Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Romans 5:12

Hey Brethren:

Sometimes it seems that no matter how much you know something, when the time comes to share that knowledge, your mind just goes blank.  At least mine does and it seems to be more the case, the older I get!  That's why it is very important that we pray before we head out to witness.  That is also why it is important that we pray before we leave home for work or play each day.  God's word promises us that we will receive His knowledge, wisdom and understanding when we need it to do His work.

I mentioned earlier that if you are fumbling around looking for a verse when you are talking to someone about the Lord, you can possibly lose their interest.  That can be true, but I should also mention that I believe that if God has called that person and you are the one that God wants to use to reach them, it's really nothing to worry about.  I've had times witnessing, when it seemed like I couldn't have messed up anymore, but have found out later, (sometimes years later) that something I said, touched that person's heart and helped them to make a decision to accept Christ.  Isaiah 55:8 says, "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord"  I believe that God really wants us to just be obedient to Christ and He will take it from there.

Something I do with this Roman highway plan is write the next verse number to be shared under the verse I am sharing so that I know where to go next.  Some people don't like to write in their Bibles, but I'm not like that.  So with this Roman Highway, we know that all the verses are in Romans.  If we can at least remember that the first verse is Romans 3:10 then we can go there and see what we have written down as the next verse, which will give us a guide.  So in my Bible, under Romans 3:10, I have written, 3:23 and under Romans 3:23 I have written today's verse, 5:12 and so on. 

The topic I use for today's verse is, "By one man".  Again, this is what I choose for a topic, you are free to pick or choose whatever helps you to remember the verse.  So I say to myself when I am memorizing, "By one man, Romans 5:12, Wherefore, as by one man, sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned. Romans 5:12."

I realize that you aren't always going to have your Bible with you.  Which is just one reason why we should memorize scripture so that we have God's word written on our heart.
Although in this day and age, with most cell phones, we can get a Bible app which enables you to have scripture at our fingertips with a touch of a button.  That is one of the beautiful things about the age of technology that we live in.  It's also why I'm not buying it when I see a brother or sister in Christ who tells me they just can't find time to read God's word, and as they say that, their fingers are wrapped around a $300 Iphone!  If you can find time to facebook and text the world to let them know you just waited a half hour in a drive through trying to get a big mac, enough said!   I thank God that I can hardly make a phone call with my Iphone or I'd be on that thing all the time doing everything but what God wants me to do.  That is why everyone that is reading this should take a moment and thank God with me that we are all a greatly blessed, highly favored, imperfect, but forgiven child of God.

Pray for me brethren and I will do the same for you. 

Phillipians 4:23  The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all.  Amen.

Brother Bill
Aka: River rat





No comments:

Post a Comment