Monday, October 7, 2013

Romans 5:8

Hey everyone:

Had a great day yesterday, (Sunday).

Today, our verse is Romans 5:8.  This verse is so important because the verses up till this point are verses that can be convicting.  So far we have shared that nobody is righteous, all have sinned, sin has sentenced us all to death which are the wages of a sinful lifestyle.  The end of last weeks verse does break into the hope that there is a way through Christ for eternal life and that Christ's death is a gift to us.

Today, Romans 5:8 says, "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us".  To help me remember this verse, I use the topic phrase, "God still loves us".  That is what this verse says to me.  Even though we are sinners, God still loves us, but He hates the sin.  He loves us so much that He was willing to give up His only son as a way for us to enter into a right relationship with God so that we could have fellowship now and eternal life in heaven with God.

We have a family member who doesn't make the right choices a lot of times.  Because I am the disciplinarian in our family (not a position I chose or really want) this family member at times will start thinking that I don't love that family member, that I hate them.  I sat them down recently and told them, "I don't hate you, but I hate the dissension you drag into our home, I hate the element of people you bring to the house, I hate that you look us in the eyes and lie to us and I hate that we have provided you way after way to escape this lifestyle and better your life and you won't take advantage of it and turn your life around".   That in a lot of ways is how God is with us and Christ is the way He has provided for us to turn our life around.  It's the condition we have to accept to be allowed to come to God's home.

So study this verse and next time we will add another verse.  We are getting there, we have three more verses I want to share on the Roman highway and then we are going to get into some great ways to share these verses and other ways to reach the lost with tracts and build some eternal rewards.

God bless you as you learn,
Brother Bill
aka: River Rat

No comments:

Post a Comment