Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Church growth

Hey everyone.  Just looked and realized I have had 73 pageviews.  I know, I know. Whoopy right?  Well it's a big deal to me since I've hardly told anyone about this blog.
I missed the Billy Graham witnessing seminar in Bakersfield that I mentioned a couple of blogs ago.  We had a family member who has had cancer and had taken a turn for the worse on that weekend and we felt it was more needed to go see her. Her name was Angel and her Aunt Nancy did get a chance to talk to her when she became coherant enough to hold a conversation, about her beliefs concerning salvation.  Angel assured her aunt that she did know the Lord and was at peace in her own heart about her future.   We had services for Angel almost two weeks ago now.  Be praying for her husband, three children and her father especially that God will help them through their loss.
I personally believe that she is alive right now.  That she is free of pain and suffering.   Many believe that we go into a sleep phase and sleep until the second coming of Christ, but I don't.  I've heard arguments for both beliefs.  It would take many blogs for me to write and show all the scripture why I believe the way I do but the Bible says that when God breathed into Adam's body, he became a living soul.  When I picture that in my mind, I don't see this fleshly body just calmly opening his eyes and saying, "Oh Hi, so who are you and what's this all about"?  I picture him coming up off that ground like a house afire running through the garden, shouting praises, jumping up and down and acting like a spirit filled Pentecostal Holy roller on a Sunday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment